What is Happy Gas? Is it safe?
- Happy Gas is also known as Laughing Gas or Nitrous Oxide.
- It is a safe way to calm your nerves and reduce anxiety during your dental treatment.
Who can use Happy Gas?
- Happy Gas is safe for most people, including children.
- Happy Gas is not recommended for pregnant women.
- It is most suitable for people who suffer from minor to moderate dental anxiety.
How is Happy Gas administered?
- A nasal hood is placed over the nose, the nitrous oxide is mixed with oxygen and inhaled by the patient. The gas is odourless. The amount of relaxation depends on the ratio of oxygen to nitrous oxide. The dentist will control this to find the right amount for you as this varies from person to person.
How does Happy Gas work?
- It will relax you and can give some patients the giggles, hence the name laughing gas.
- It does not put you to sleep.
- There are no long term effects, after your dental treatment you will be able to go about your day as normal, you are also able to drive.
Is Happy Gas expensive?
- Happy gas is one of the most inexpensive ways to reduce dental anxiety. Please feel free to contact us for a quote.
Why do some dentists offer happy gas and others do not?
- Certain training and equipment requirements are needed in order for a dental clinic to be able to administer Happy Gas. The dentists at Healthview Dental have taken additional courses in the administration of Happy Gas to ensure that every patient is managed safely.
Healthview Dental in Corio is pleased to offer our patients another way to reduce their dental anxiety. Our aim is to make your experience as comfortable as possible so that you can get the dental treatment that you require without the burden of anxiety. That way we can address oral health problems while they are in the early stages, before more complicated treatment is required.
If you have any questions at all regarding happy gas and our sedation options please feel free to contact us via phone: 03 5275 6688 or email: email@example.com